I love pizza, especially those with extra cheese and sauce and toppings!! I always like BBQ sauce on my pizza, I think it taste really good with BBQ sauce! Most of the time, I would prefer getting takeaway pizza because they are reasonably cheap in Sydney. I would always take that extra step, but having “extra cheese” in the list! 🙂 Yes, I am that addictive to cheese. Until last week, IK bought me a bread maker, and the whole idea changed 360 degrees! After making my own crust, I would never wanted to go back to the takeaway pizza. I could simply do any toppings, any flavour.. and at short easy times!! And with this pizza, it is just full of juice, flavour, texture and a mouthful of creamy cheese!
You’ll need (Serve 6):
- 1 portion of Pizza crust (premade, or DIY)
- 50 grams sliced pepperoni salami
- 20 grams Cabanossi, sliced
- 4 medium mushroom, sliced
- 1 handful spinach leaves, washed
- 150 grams tasty cheese, cut into dice
- 1 handful – shredded mozzarella cheese
- Smokey BBQ sauce
- Caesar salad dressing
- Olive Oil, to brush
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Lightly spray the pizza pan with olive oil.
- On a slightly floured working surface, roll out the pizza dough until it makes a 25cm diameter circle.
- Place the pizza dough onto the pizza pan. Push the edges up so it forms a thicker crust.
- Lightly brush oil around the edges.
- Brush a thin layer of BBQ sauce to the middle of the pizza crust.
- Start laying pepperoni, spinach, mushrooms and cabanossi randomly to form a colourful palette.
- Throw in tasty cheese blocks and sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the top.
- Squeeze lines of smokey BBQ sauce and Caesar salad dressing on top, forming a cross pattern.
- Bake pizza for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- If you like, grill the pizza for another 5 minutes to make it golden brown.
- By brushing a layer of oil around the edges, gives a nice golden shine to the pizza with a rich effect.
- Mozzarella cheese can be replaced with 4-mixed cheese.
- Ensure you work in a fast pace when rolling the dough, this reduce the gluten from dying.