Okay, this dish simply just proofs that I do have a very strong “sweet tooth”. This is simple, but full of textures and flavour. A full bite of this ‘matchstick’ will pretty much give you sweet, savour, crispy, creamy, cheesy, hot and cold! HAHAH, and believe it or not. It is definitely one of the most EASIEST dessert I’ve made. I’ve always wanted to do something that is quick, best to store in fridge and is always READY when I wanted to grab something to satisfy my taste buds! I came across to this recipe through one of my favourite Cooking magazines – women’s weekly cooking magazines. I love them.
- 1/2 sheet butter puff pastry
- 40 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams mascarpone cheese
- 60 grams thickened cream
- 100 grams blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut pastry sheet into 8 equal rectangles and lay them evenly on the baking tray. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top of the puff pastry.
- Bake pastry for 10-12 minutes or until puff pastry rises.
- Use a sharp knife, slowly and carefully cut horzonatally of each reacntangle to form 16 thin rectangles. Leave aside to cool.
- Using a electrical mixer, beat cheese, cream and the remaining icing sugar until soft peak form.
- To lay, spoon a teaspoon full of cheese mixture to a pastry rectangle, then lay jam onto of the cream. Add another layer of pastry, then cream , then jam and finally, another layer of pastry.
- Continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle extra icing sugar on top, if desired.
- Carefully when you lay jam over the cheese, as it can collaspe. Ensure that your cheese are evenly layed.
- Blueberry jams can be replace with other jams.
- Ensure your puff pastry is thawed (if store bought), before baking.
Adapted from Women’s Weekly Puffs and Pastries