If you are planning to do a quick and simple salad dish, then you will not go wrong with this one. This type of salad was a salad dish that I was bought up with. It may sounds funny to have potato, egg and fruit with mayonnaise, but trust me, you will love it! Just like the other salad noodle that I’ve made earlier, this one is also easy to make! It has this sour but sweet taste, along with some crunchiness to the whole dish.
It is good nutrient and definitely Summer season’s favourites! I love making a big bowl of this salad, tuck it into the fridge and have a bowl whenever I feel like. At least, this is a better substitution than junkies 🙂 And the best thing about this salad, you can pretty much pick any fruits that you want/ or can be found in supermarket or fruit stores – but keep in mind to have a mixture of different texture 🙂
- 3 apples
- 2 mandarins, peel and remove seeds
- 2 nashi pears, or similar
- 3 eggs
- 2 potatoes, brush the skin off, washed
- Some red and green seedless grapes
- Pineapple (optional), diced
- 5 heaps tablespoon of whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of raw sugar (or white sugar)
- Heat a pan of water in high, add the egg and potatoes and boil until cooked. Make sure your potatoes ain’t too soft, it will be hard to cut.
- Meanwhile, cut apples, pears into dices, remove the cores and seeds.
- Peel mandarins into slices and cut in halves.
- Cut grapes into half or quarters (if too big).
- Remove potatoes and egg from the heat. Wash under cold water.
- Remove shell of the eggs. Separate the egg whites and the yolks. Slice the egg whites into strips. Discard 1 egg yolk, and mash the other 2 in a small bowl. Leave aside until completely cooled.
- Cut potatoes into dices. Leave aside until completely cooled.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise with egg yolk mash and sugar, until combined.
- Add potatoes, apples, pears, mandarins, pineapples, grapes and mix until fully incorporate.
- Fridge for at least 2 hours and serve.
- Adjust mayonnaise to suit your liking.
- Egg can be substitute with more fruits if allergy to eggs/ or do not like eggs.
- Be creative, combine different fruits to make your own salad, however avoid watery fruits, such as watermelon.