The last weekend has been great, easy, chill-out, relaxed and with a super exhausted Sunday West-cup volleyball competition starting from 8.30 to 4.30pm. My whole body was literally burnt out and muscles sore! Lucky enough though, I had my Saturday relaxed at home making some snacks for my movie under the lovely beautiful sunshine! What a blessing! Remembering the last few baking snacks that I’ve made? Sausage rolls , Mushroom & Cheese Puff pastry and the Tempura Seaweed frittata… this time it’s something a little more ordinary but not really.. Potato Chips! I love potato chips, wedges, but considered that those can be very oily and bad for my tummy, I’ve made a oven-baked version with sweet potato instead! It did turn out great. Comparing to the normal potato chips, I think this one was a guilt-free version and that it has this really nice sweet taste to it!
Sweet potato are naturally tasteless, some people said… I’ve added smoked paprika to my sweet potato so that it does not have only a sweet taste to it, but also a nice smoked flavour too! Make a bulk and it can become party food!! YEAH!! By the way, I liked it a little burnt on the edges too just to give it a little more crunchiness to it!
Now sweet potato wedges isn’t enough, I think it needs something a little different to dress it up! Blue Cheese dip!!! I’ve came across special sales with Blue cheese in the nearby supermarket over the week and with some left over sour cream! BEST COMBO! Absolutely beautiful treat! Blue cheese dip is so easy to make and really, it goes with pretty much anything! Crackers, biscuits, bread, chips, anything! I’ll get the recipe of the blue cheese dip in my next post! So, I’ll keep it short for now! Enjoy🙂
You’ll need (Serve 2):
2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Blue cheese dip, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lay 2 layers of parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Remove skin of sweet potato and cut into wedges sizes, soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, add paprika, salt and corn-starch. Mix until combined.
- Drain sweet potatoes with a drainer, and coarsely pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Add to the dry ingredient and mix with your hands until all potatoes are covered in corn-starch mixture.
- Add oil and mix again until incorporated.
- Spread the potatoes evenly over the parchment tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the chips onto the other side so it is all crispy and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve wedges with blue cheese dip!
- Make sure you coat the potatoes well in oil so they don’t stick to the baking paper.
- Drain potato well after soaking to avoid soggy texture.
Lightly adapted from Not quite Nigella