So in the last post I’ve shared with you the little treats that I had enjoyed over the last week, sweet potato wedges in a healthier choice! As promised, I’ll be sharing the special blue cheese dip today! I wasn’t a fan of blue cheese many years ago, just because I found it weird to have salty cheese.. I just don’t find it right, back then… But for some strange reason, your apetite do change and more or less, you start liking food that you used to hate.. or vice versa.. And now, I LOVE blue cheese. Although I understand that many people may not like it, but it did not matter. The advantage of having a cheese dip is that there are too many variety and alterations! Try do it with a brie or parmesan.. they will still work as good!
I love dips with my snacks, crackers, rice balls, corn crackers, biscuits! Dips are such a great “husband” to the “wife! ” HAHAH..(Opps, I don’t know if that make any sense.. I’ve just.. Oh, I have just been overly excited.. counting down my pre-wedding shoot!) … But yeah, I love dips, they are great in many ways and you just never get sick of them!
100 ml sour cream
- 60 grams mayonnaise
- 80 grams blue cheese, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried coriander
- In a bowl, mix sour cream with mayonnaise until combined.
- Add lemon juice and coriander and combine.
- Squash blue cheese in a separate bowl with the back of a spoon until soft and gooey. Add to the sour cream mixture and mix until combined.
- Store in a air-tight container or sterilized jar and place it in the fridge. Last for a week in the fridge.
- Lemon Juice gives a nice ‘tang’ to the texture.
- Step 3 is important, if you don’t want to have clumpy bites in your dip.
- Try the dip with other cheese, such as brie.
- Dip can be store in the fridge for 1 week.
- This dip is GREAT with rice crackers too!🙂
Inspired by Martha Stewart